tuplet-type groups and bar check

From: David Fedoruk
Subject: tuplet-type groups and bar check
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:56:29 -0800

Hello:

It seems when ever I use a grouping like this:

\time 2/4     \acciaccatura d8 <d d'>4 \times 4/5 { d'16[ b af f d] }  |

The bar check sees that as 9/20 .... the score I'm working with has a
quarter note and acciacatura and a 5 gouping which *should* be 5 16th
in the time of 4 making one quarter note. This should be correct, yet
I get this error. I have a feeling this may be the culprit in a repeat
volta I'm trying to trouble shoot.

There are occasions where Lilypond seems not to count acciacaturas and
grace time correctly or it gets confused. This is one where I have no
idea why it acts the way it does.  What am I not seeing?

Cheers
David

--
David Fedoruk
B.Mus. UBC,1986

http://recordjackethistorian.wordpress.com
"Music is enough for one's life time, but one life time is not enough
for music" Sergei Rachmaninov