Re: use the feta font in GIMP

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: use the feta font in GIMP
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:06:21 -0500

Hi Matthieu,

I'd like to add some little details to finalize a score, it would be a bit too hard for me to do this with lily so I had the idea to import the pdf in
the GIMP and then add the final touch.

I used to do the same thing: I would open the Lilypond-generated PostScript file in Illustrator and add the "final touch". However, I soon found ways of accomplishing in Lilypond everything that I would do in Illustrator -- and it kept all the "tweaks" in a single file/process.

So, my question is... what are your "final touches"? Perhaps we can help you keep it in Lilypond.

If not, I second Chris's suggestion to avoid GIMP, in favour of a vector-based application.

Cheers,
Kieren.