Re: Percussion

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Percussion
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:01:51 +0100

2008/3/2, Philip <address@hidden>:
>  is it possible to type-set the percussion section shown in perc.jpg in
>  LilyPond? (Yes, I drew that by hand, but without the assistance of a
>  ruler. I aligned it to  the lines of note-book paper.)

Rule #1: never begin any question with "is it possible in LilyPond" :)

Of course it is. Have a look at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Percussion-sections

>     Also, how may I type-set the note-heads for the different durations
>  shown in nh.jpg? (I drew that by hand too.)

You might want to read
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Note-heads

However, as you can see in the previous section, several special
noteheads are already implemented by default in some percussion sets.

Cheers,
Valentin