Re: Marks under the staff

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Marks under the staff
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:27:39 +0100

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

Am Montag, 18. Februar 2008 schrieb Simon Bailey:
that is what graham was suggesting. try the following snippet. all of
this information can be found in the NM, section 1.8.1.4 (Text Marks),
redirected from section1.2.5.4 (Rehearsal Marks) with the reference
"Common Tweaks". From there you can access the internal properties of
RehearsalMark, which shows you the property #'direction, taking the
values #UP, #CENTER or #DOWN.

Can you also submit that snippet at the LSR to answer that question in the future with a simple link to the LSR?
I hope you realize that it's an impossible task to include a snippet for every
possible property setting. I admit that this one isn't too exotic, though.
See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-02/msg00397.html
with follow-ups for a closely related discussion.

One detail about this specific setting. If you have a score with multiple
staves, then the mark will only be shown below the bottom stave.
If you want it above/below every stave, please read about "Text marks"
in the manual.

   /Mats