Re: Tie across triplet boundary

From: Michael Nelson
Subject: Re: Tie across triplet boundary
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 12:36:20 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for your help.  It works now.  Mike

Eyolf Østrem <address@hidden> wrote:
On 29.12.2007 (23:17), Michael Nelson wrote:
> Hi guys. I'm a new user of Lilypond. I'm notating an old (out of copyright) edition of Bach's Invention 1. I was happy to get through the first 5 bars with remarkably few problems. But I have hit a snag in bar 6. See the snapshot of the original:
>
> http://bayimg.com/CaIonAabj
>
> In the last 6 notes in the treble stave there is a triplet with the last note tied to the following b. I get an error because (I presume) the tie crosses the triplet boundary. My failed attempt for those last 6 notes is:

No, you get it because you didn't place the tie mark ~ after the note that
should be tied, but after the bracket.

\times 2/3 { b32 c b } ~ b16 vs.
\times 2/3 { b32 c b ~ } b16

--
"Today's robots are very primitive, capable of understanding only a few
simple instructions such as 'go left', 'go right', and 'build car'."