Re: piano staff dynamics

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: piano staff dynamics
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:52:47 -0500

Hi, Michael:

I am a little confused on how to implement.

See example, below.

The important thing to observe is that the dynamics that should be "in" both Staff contexts is only included in the upper Staff in the ENGRAVING BLOCK (i.e., the \score block *without* a \midi block), whereas it's included in both Staff contexts in the MIDI/PERFORMANCE BLOCK (i.e., the \score block *with* a \midi block).

As I said, there may be a better way of doing the same thing... this was all off the top of my head. =)

Hope this helps!
Kieren.
___________________

\version "2.11.33"

pianoMusicRH = \relative
{
        \clef treble
        c' d e f |
        e d c2 |
}
pianoMusicLH = \relative
{
        \clef bass
        c2 f, |
        g2 c, |
}

dynamicsRH =
{
        s2 s4^\p s4^\pp |
        s1 |
}
dynamicsBH =
{
        s1 |
        s1_\sfz |
}
dynamicsLH =
{
        \dynamicDown
        s4\f s2. |
        s2 s2\ppp |
}

%%  ENGRAVING BLOCK
\score
{
        \context PianoStaff
        <<
                \context Staff = "upper" << \pianoMusicRH \dynamicsRH \dynamicsBH

                \context Staff = "lower" << \pianoMusicLH \dynamicsLH >>

}

%% MIDI/PERFORMANCE BLOCK
\score
{
        \context PianoStaff
        <<
                \context Staff = "upper" << \pianoMusicRH \dynamicsRH \dynamicsBH

                \context Staff = "lower" << \pianoMusicLH \dynamicsLH \dynamicsBH

        \midi {}