Re: Windows install/run error

From: Simon Dahlbacka
Subject: Re: Windows install/run error
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:31:32 +0300

On 9/27/07, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
Quoting Gilles THIBAULT <address@hidden>:

>> If you haven't had LilyPond installed on this machine earlier, I hope that
>> you have tried to log out and log in again after the installation,
>> otherwise there are some settings of environment
>> variables that Windows hasn't noticed yet.
>
> The environment variable "path" in Windows doesn't require a reboot (or log
> in/out).

Are you sure? I know for certain that we have had some problems
reported on the mailing list that have been solved by log out/in.
Maybe it's the PATHEXT environment variable that caused the problems
then.
Slighly OT but..

At least you the following does *not* work:
open a cmd window
update enviroment variables (elsewhere than from opened cmd window)
have updated environment variables in the opened cmd window
(however, if you open a new cmd window, there the environment is updated)

regards,

Simon