Re: How to change clef style

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to change clef style
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:07:31 +0200

See the section on "Ancient clefs" in the manual. Note that you can click on
every example in the on-line manual to see the corresponding .ly code.

  /Mats

Morten Lemvigh wrote:
I'm trying to typeset a book in different styles; modern and ancient looking.

By including the same file in all the pieces I've almost succeeded in making the ancient style, with something like:
\override NoteHead #'style = #'neomensural
in a layout block

But I cannot figure out how to change the clef symbols. I just need to change the symbols to something ancient looking. It shouldn't be a direct clef change, I would like the notes to stay on the same lines in the staff, as if it was still a G- or F-clef.

Can this be done in some clever way?

Regards,
Morten

        Mats Bengtsson