ossia

From: Michael Sperone
Subject: ossia
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:53:39 +0000

Hi,
I know that this is something that has come up before, because I found a bunch
of
other threads about this.  However, it doesn't seem to work for me/.

whenever I do the \new Staff {a b c}, instead of placing it under the measure
that I put it in, I get a new measure inserted in my music after the bar it
should be under...

here is a minimal example of what I mean: (the first measure)
I enter this:
{ \time 6/8 r2.\new Staff { \clef bass c2.\pp} |}

and I get the attached file... perhaps it is not compiling correctly on my
computer? or my version (\version "2.10.25")

any suggestions?
thank you,
Michael