individually-coloured staff line possible?

From: Hostage_09
Subject: individually-coloured staff line possible?
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:18:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hello-

I would really appreciate any ideas anyone has on this problem.

Is there a way of making a 5-line, treble-clef staff, with the middle line
(i.e. the B line) individually coloured in red? Here's what I have sofar but
I'm a bit stuck: (I'm only newly converted to lilypond!)

% single-line red staff:
Boo = \relative c'' {
        \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'color = #red  \override Staff.StaffSymbol
#'line-count = 1
        c4
        }

% normal 5-line staff:
Hoo = \relative c''
        {s2 e4}

        {
% tried to superimpose red 1-line staff onto normal black, but they're not
see-through
 \override VerticalAlignment #'forced-distance = #0
        << \Boo \Hoo >>