Re: How to make different horizontal spacing for each staff?

From: Vít Reichel
Subject: Re: How to make different horizontal spacing for each staff?
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:15:23 +0000 (UTC)

Valentin Villenave <v.villenave <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 2007/9/13, Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson <at> ee.kth.se>:
>
> > I don't understand why you set measurePosition (which tells where the next
> > note is in the measure). Rather, you could set measureLength
> > corresponding to
> > the scaling of the durations that you have applied (ideally that should
> > be done
> > automatically by compressMusic, but this doesn't seem to happen now).
>
> Oh yes! I missed the point about the second argument of make-moment
> being set to the second argument of compressMusic.
>
> I had tried with measureLength indeed, but since my second argument
> was wrong the barlines were messed up, whereas the measurePosition
> trick made them disappear.
>
> Indeed compressMusic should configure make-moment as well. I think
> this explains #453, which I reported a few days ago.
>
> Anyway, it's in LSR now.
>
> Thanks,
> Valentin

Hi Valentin and Mats!

Thanks for help.
This is a part of the composition by Morton Feldman that I am writing:

\include "deutsch.ly"
#(set-global-staff-size 13)

\layout {
  \context { \Score
     \remove "Timing_translator"
     \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"
  }
  \context {
    \Staff
    \consists "Timing_translator"
    \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"

\paper {
        #(set-paper-size "a3" 'landscape)
}

<<
  \new Staff {
    \clef bass \time 2/4 des2
        \time 7/8 r8 des2.
        \time 2/2 r4 des2.
        \time 5/8 r8 des2
        \time 2/4 r8 des4.~
        \time 5/8 des4 r8 des4~
        \time 2/4 \times 2/3 { des4 r des~ }
        \time 7/8 des2. r8
        \time 9/8 r8 des1
        \time 7/8 r2. c,8~\>
        \time 5/4 c2 r4\! c2~\>
        \time 5/8 c8\! r2
        \time 2/4 \times 2/3 { r2 c4~\> }
        \time 5/8 c4.\! r8 c8~\>
        \time 3/4 c2.\! \bar "|"
  }
  \new Staff {
        \time 3/4
        \clef treble R2.
        R2.
        R2.
        R2.
        R2.^"timp."
        \clef bass h16 h h h h h h r h h h h
        h h h r16 r16 h h h h h h h
        r8 r16 h h h h h h h r8
        r8 h16 h h h h h h r r8
        r16 h h h h h r h h h h h
        h h r h h h h h h h r h
        h h h h r h h h h r h h
        h h h h r h h h h h r h
        h h h h r h h h h h h h
        r h h h h h h h r8 h16 h
  }

There is no need for compressing music as the number of eighth notes in both
staves is the same. The problem is that I would need regular intervals between
the sixteenth notes.

Vít