Re: Tip: lyrics with polyphony / stem directions (without specifically i

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Tip: lyrics with polyphony / stem directions (without specifically instantiated voices)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:01:06 -0400

Hi Mark,

By saying the lyrics don't work, I mean the lyrics skip the 'polyphonic' notes.

Sorry, I must be dense here...  =\

Please tell me what behaviour you find unexpected in the attached snippet (note that the lyrics clearly DO NOT skip the 'polyphonic notes') -- that way, I'll know exactly what you're talking about, and might be able to be of more help.

Thanks,
Kieren.
_________________

\version "2.11.30"

theMusic = \relative c'
{
        e4 d c2 |
        e4 d c2 |
        <<
                {
                        \voiceOne
                        g'4 f8. f16 e2 |
                        g4 f8. f16 e2
                }
                \new Voice
                {
                        \voiceTwo
                        e4 d c2 |
                        e4 d c2
                }
        >> \oneVoice
}

theWords = \lyricmode
{
        Three blind mice, three blind mice,
        See how they run, see how they run.
}

\score
{
        <<
                \new Voice = "singer" \theMusic
                \new Lyrics \lyricsto "singer" \theWords