setting styles/tweaks for the full score

From: Michael Sperone
Subject: setting styles/tweaks for the full score
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:29:26 +0000

I have been successful at entering my entire score into lilypond and it looks great!  But there are some things I need to change (such as the 4/4 instead of "C", accidentals, and stem settings etc..)

I haven't, for the life of me, been able to figure out how to do this in one simple command.
I know there is a way...

I want to be able to type one command at the top (or bottom if that's more appropriate) of the score that will change these things for the whole score.

I read about style sheets, but I got errors for everything I tried from the examples... I tried it in the score, I tried it in a separate file with the \include "file.ly" and different variations... but nothing worked and it's getting frustrating.

Anyway.... I'm sure it's simple but I can't figure it out... can anyone help??
Thank you,
Michael