Re: set-global-staff-size causes weird printing

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: set-global-staff-size causes weird printing
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 21:06:05 +0100

Hi Valentin,

On 7/27/07, Valentin Villenave < address@hidden> wrote:
2007/7/27, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:

> (maybe it was a .27 bug, or something in my previous installation was
> corrupted...).

It's definitely a .27 bug; I was able to reproduce it with another
installation of .27, on a different OS.

V.V.

I tested your file under 2.10.25, and like others, it worked fine. But now I'm getting a similar problem to yours under 2.10.25 with an orchestral score I'm typesetting.

Output fails on a global-staff-size of 15 and 17 upwards unless I remove \RemoveEmptyStaffContext and turn off #'remove-first, or comment out the 1st & 2nd violins.

Another quirk I've noticed is that \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent has no effect.

I've tested the file under 2.11.27/28 and it works OK (with harps removed due to the hara-kiri error).

Regards,
Neil