Chapman Stick StaffTab notation

From: Eric Knapp
Subject: Chapman Stick StaffTab notation
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:48:46 -0500

Hello,

I am new to this list and have been lurking for a while. I am a
computer programmer and a musician and I play the Chapman Stick
(http://www.stick.com/). Please accept my apologies if this question
has been covered.

There is a newer notation system for the Stick that beautifully
combines tablature and normal staves into an elegant sytem of
notation. It is called StaffTab and here is a page with a sample:
(http://www.stick.com/instruction/books/stickbook/sample/).

I have looked in the LilyPond list archives and I haven't found
anything on this system. I would like to be able to use LilyPond for
this notation and I am wondering where to start. The main features of
the notation are custom notehead shapes, string indicators, and
numbers above and below the staves to indicate fret numbers. There is
already an open-source font that contains these elements that can be
found here: (http://www.arthurdurkee.net/stickfonts.html).

How would I start to be able to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

-Eric