Re: I have trouble with arc

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: I have trouble with arc
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:39:44 +0200

Quoting Termometr <address@hidden>:

I get ugly arc
http://www.wrzuta.pl/obraz/fL5vH6t9mC/zzzzzzz
What I can turn up "e" and "e'" ?

To force the stem to point upwards on both notes, you can insert \stemUp (and reset to the default later using \stemNeutral

I added a few more comments below:

________________
\version "2.6.3"
I strongly recommend you to upgrade to the latest stable version, 2.10.25, which contains many new features and many fixed bugs.

#(set-global-staff-size 20)
The default staff size is 20, so this line isn't necessary.

SopranyXIA = \relative c'' {
       \set Staff.instrument
This line is incomplete and gives a syntax error. You probably
want to do something like
      \set Staff.instrument = "Soprany"

       \clef G
       \key e \major
       \time 2/4
       r8 b b b | r e, e' dis |   % 19
       cis r fis,4 | b ais! |   % 21
       b8 b b b | r e, ( e' ) dis |   % 23
What I proposed above was to replace this line by
      b8 b b b | r \stemUp e, ( e' ) dis |  \stemNeutral  % 23

       cis r fis,4 | b8 b4 r8 |   % 25
}
\score {
\SopranyXIA
}

If you are not familiar with the English music typesetting terminology, I recommend you to take a look at the Glossary, included at the LilyPond documentation web page. Even though it does not contain any Polish translations so far, it may still be helpful when reading the manual and asking questions on the mailing list.

  /Mats