Function for standardized voice-blocks

From: Michael Schweiger
Subject: Function for standardized voice-blocks
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:48:38 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Sirs:

I failed creating a function for putting together polyphonic music from
pre-formed blocks. Perhaps this following little example shows you what I tried
to do, so that you perhaps can help me.

{
bassPartA = {c4 d e f}
bassPartB = {g4 f e d}

tenorPartA = {c'4 b a g}
tenorPartB = {f4 g a b}

myOpus = #(define-music-function (parser location myvoice)
 (string?)
 #{ \#&myvoicePartA
    \#&myvoicePartB
    \#&myvoicePartA
 #})

\score {
          \new ChoirStaff <<
                \new Staff = tenor {
                       \myOpus tenor
                  }
                \new Staff = bass {
                       \myOpus bass
                  } >>

As you surely see, this should print e.g. a bass-melody thats {c4 d e f g4 f e d
c4 d e f}.
But there are some deeper mistakes I made in setting up the function and has'nt
been able to solve by finding something compareble in the manual. Perhaps you
can help me.

Many thanks in advance!

Yours sincerely

Michael Schweiger