RE: lilypond

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: lilypond
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:44:35 +0000

This might just be expectations.  LP is not a point-n-click application, it's more like a programming language.  You do not "open" LP, but rather you "invoke" LP to process the contents of a text file you prepare with all your commands.

The manual has a good starting example.  I know that the version I'm using (2.6.5) displays a basic example file that explains the rudiments.

It's a bit of a learning curve, but there's a lot of resources on this group to help.  Good luck and search the archives and/or ask if you can't figure it out.