Re: transpose

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: transpose
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:57:47 +0000

Lara Diamand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to transpose a simple one-voice song to a different key. I've managed
> transpose a whole score, but this simple thing I can't do!
> I've tried \transpose c d       but that only transposes the notes not the
> key.
> is there an easy way?
> Thanks!

Without an example of your failed attempts it is difficult to diagnose.
 One thing that springs to my mind is that if your original key is C
major you may not have explicitly included a '\key c \major' indication
in your input code.  Without that LilyPond doesn't know to change a key
as there is no key.

-David