Re: chords in fragments?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: chords in fragments?
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 19:25:38 +0200

You are using the ill documented feature \chords{...}
which is a shorthand for \new ChordNames \chordmode {...}

What you want to use is \chordmode in your definitions of akstrofe and akrefrein but \new ChordNames in your definition of akkoorden. Please read the sections on chord names in the main manual for more information.

   /Mats

Quoting Peter <address@hidden>:

Goodnight all,

I'm a bit at loss here, so I kindly request a bit of help.

I'm trying to `save' snippets of chords in variables, like I do with plain notes, and then combine them in score. The problem I have is that each separate part of chords appears on a new line, as shown in the attached picture.
(Mac OSX 10.3.9, Lilypond 2.11.25-1 on powerpc)

%>>>>>> start here
\version "2.11.25"

\layout {
    #(set-default-paper-size "a4")
    ragged-last = ##t
    ragged-right = ##f
}

\header {
       title = "Belles des Bois"
}

akstrofe = \chords {
    b2:m a4 b4:m |
    b4:m a:7 d fis:m |

    b2:m a4 b4:m |
    b2:m a4/fis b:m |
}

akrefrein = \chords {
    e2:m a4:m e:m |
    d2 b4:m e:m |
    e2:m a4:m e:m |
    d2 b4:m e:m
}
strofe = \relative c {
  \repeat volta 2 {
    b4 b e, b' |
    b4 b8 e, fis a cis fis, |
    b4 b e, b' |
    b4 fis fis8 cis' b4 |
refrein = \relative c {
  \repeat volta 2 {
    e,4 e a e |
    d'8 d8 ~ d8 d8 d16 e16 fis8 e4 |
    e,4 e4  a e |
    d'8 d8 ~ d8 d8 d16 e16 fis8 e4 |

akkoorden = \chords {
  \akstrofe
  \akrefrein
}

noten =   {
  \clef bass
  \set Staff.instrumentName = "Contrabass "
  \key b \minor
  \time 4/4

  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left
  \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.segno" " Strofe 1,2"}
  \strofe

  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left
  \mark "refrein"
  \refrein
}

\score {