Re: setting systems per page in lilypond-book

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: setting systems per page in lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:30:58 -0400

    Damian> i think what you need is in the \paper block
    Damian> something like

    Damian> \paper {
    Damian> system-count = #3
    Damian> }

I believe that lilypond-book ignores everything (most things?) in the
\paper block, on the grounds that you're using lilypond-book because
you want LaTeX (or some other program) to do the page layout.

The documentation does not seem to explain this, or to explain what
the actual behavior is supposed to be, if this isn't it.

I've been using the \betweenLilyPondSystem hack that Adam describes in
a later post, and I agree that it's a pain.  But I doubt that anything
else would be easy to implement.

    Damian> On 10 Jun 2007, at 12:30, Adam Good wrote:

    >> Hi,
    >> How do I specify how many systems per page when I'm using Lilypond-
    >> book?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139