Re: lyrics free from notes

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: lyrics free from notes
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 09:55:27 -0500

On Jun 3, 2007, at 9:41 PM, Alan Jones wrote:

Hi,
I need a way to specify which beats the words of my
lyrics fall on independent of the voice that they are
associated with.  In the attached example I have
three words that I want on the corresponding beats:
one, two, three.  However, because the voice has a
half note for the last two beats Lilypond overlaps the
words 'two' and 'three' -- even though I've tried to override
by placing length numbers after every word.  I do want
the words to follow the music, for example if some
accidentals move the horizontal placement of the beat, etc.
Thanks for any help!
Alan

I hope I'm not misinterpreting your question, but have you tried an underscore between the words?

\version "2.10.17"
\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \time 3/4