Re: gap(s) in versions for convert-ly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: gap(s) in versions for convert-ly
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:07:32 -0700

Kieran Coulter wrote:
I was wondering, upon attempting to update .ly scripts from Mutopia that had various original version #s, is there a few version gaps that make .ly files written using a certain version or earlier "obsolete", meaning they can't be updated all the way to the current version?

In theory anything from 2.0 can be updated to 2.10. Anything written in 1.x will probably require manual coding.

In practice, files in 2.0 and up that were written badly may require manual coding as well.

Also, if there is a workaround for this gap, or any other gaps I am not yet aware of, please let me know!

I trust that you've read the sections in the documentation that discuss convert-ly, so nothing else.

Cheers,
- Graham