Hiding Empty Tab Staves

From: Jack Cooper
Subject: Hiding Empty Tab Staves
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:33:44 -0400 (EDT)

I've successfully used a trick, documented somewhere in the archives,
that allows empty voice staves to be hidden in a score.  The trick involved
defining a "RemoveEmptyStaff" context, and changing some of the
engravers normally used.

I am trying to accomplish the same thing for a score containing a tabulature
staff and voice.  The score is a lead sheet consisting of vocal melody,
lyrics and chords.  I want to add tabulature in certain parts of the song
to show a guitar lick, but do not want empty tabulature staves to appear
for the rest of the song.  I am currently using version 2.10.17 - if it will
help, I can include the syntax, as it currently stands, which produces
the output including tab part.

Thanks,

  Jack Cooper