Re: "non adjacent" glissando: state of the art?

From: José Luis Cruz
Subject: Re: "non adjacent" glissando: state of the art?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:21:58 +0200

I would like to take advantage of Andrea's request, to say that i
would want to collaborate with the sponsoring if this could be related
with a feature I want for glissandos.

I'd want to be able to have glissando chords, with a glissando line
between every note of the chord I specify (pretty much like partially
tied chords). Because now only one glissando between the top notes of
the chords is drawn.

What I do since now, is to fake the glissandos  with postcript lines,
because there are certain technics on guitar that couldnt be noted
elseway.

I write this here, instead on a separate thread, because if you're
gonna change the glissando's syntax, I would like it to be compatible
with the glissando chord feature, if it's accepted.

syntax could be something like this:

<c\glis e\glis g\glis> <a c e> % for all the notes with glissando
<c e g\glis> <a c e> % for only one glissando on the top note

I havent figured yet how to manage when you join two chords with
different number of notes, but i'm on it. And how to relate it also
with the \glissStart \GlissEnd notation that Andrea suggests.

cheers,