Re: NoteNames, how do I change language and spacing

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: NoteNames, how do I change language and spacing
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:14:45 +0100

Kevin Dalley wrote:
I'm using NoteNames for some demos.  There are 2 items I want to
change.

1.  I'm including english.ly, but "as" is output as "ais".  Is it
possible to change the language?

Unfortunately, it seems that the language is hard-coded in the current
implementation. That shouldn't be hard to change though.

2. "ais" and "b" are right next to each other.  With lyrics, I can
change spacing.  Is this possible with NoteNames?

In LilyPond version 2.11, you can use
   \override NoteNames.NoteName   #'extra-spacing-width = #'(-2 . 2)
I spent a few minutes to find some setting that works in 2.10 but didn't
manage. It should certainly be possible, in some way.

  /Mats