Re: Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent no longer working in Windows Lily

From: Trent J
Subject: Re: Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent no longer working in Windows Lilypond 2.1
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:56:55 +1100

From: "Joe Neeman" <address@hidden>
To: "Trent J" <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:05:37 +0200

On 1/9/07, Trent J <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks for your help. I'd had gotten good page fill and SCORE like output
by
being able to manually fix the staff distances. I might stick with the
earlier version for now.

With the vertical-manual-setting - can this be set once for the entire
piece? At the moment you have to set it for every system break. Setting
this
once for the entire piece or until a different setting is specified would
be
good.

You can set it in the layout block:
\version "2.10.0"

\layout {
 \context {
   \Score
   \override NonMusicalPaperColumn
           #'line-break-system-details = #'((alignment-offsets . (#f #f
-30)))

If you want to change it mid-piece, you can use \override instead of
\overrideProperty, but I think you have to do the \override one timestep
before you want it to take effect.

====

Thanks Joe this works perfectly. I'll have to download the lastest version now and play with all the new features.

Thanks for your help and the excellent features you've added to Lilypond.

Trent

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search now! www.seek.com.au http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT