Re: Shorten one end of a trill spanner manually?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Shorten one end of a trill spanner manually?
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:04:00 -0600

On 1/8/07, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
Trevor Bača escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to shoren one end (the right end) of a trill spanner by
> hand?
>
> Something like ...
>
>  \once \override TrillSpanner #'shorten-pair = #'(0 . 2)
>
> ... would be ideal.

the easiest I can think of is to shorten the spanner with bound-padding,
and shift it a bit to the left. The fix you referred to earlier is

          /*
            ugh - a special case.

            FIXME: this fixed an issue, but need to have this issue in
            the issue tracker.

            This fix doesn't quite work: it should only do this if the
            right bound has a trill too.
           */
#if 0
          if (d == RIGHT && me->get_property ("style") == ly_symbol2scm
("trill"))
            {
              pad = 2.0;
              encl = LEFT;
            }
#endif

Sorry, I must be being dense ... because the code makes it seem like
the right edge of the first spanner here should pad by 2.0, right?

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.11.7"

\new Staff {
  c'4 \startTrillSpan
  c'4 \stopTrillSpan \startTrillSpan
  c'4 \stopTrillSpan
}

But no padding happens. (See pic.) What am I missing? Does something
have to be overriden for the feature to be turned on?

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden