using bold or smallcaps in lyrics in lilypond-book

From: Davide Benini
Subject: using bold or smallcaps in lyrics in lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 17:36:40 +0100

Hello folks.
I mailed this a few hours ago but it apparently didn't get through. Hope it's not a double. After your previous suggestions, I am experimenting the use of lilypond-book for the small fragments of music in my LaTeX PhD dissertation. Here is an example of what I am doing:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

\hspace{1em}

\begin[fragment, staffsize=16]{lilypond}
        \new RhythmicStaff {
                \time 12/8
        \partial 8
                d8 d4 d8 d4 d8 d4 d8 d8 d8 d8  d4 d8 d4 d8 d4
        }
\addlyrics{ Some TIME She USED to PUT me THROUGH the re SPON se sof the MASS }
\end{lilypond}

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

There are a couple of things I would like to do.
1) changing the font of the lyrics and (possibly) use bold or smallcaps in some words. In the previous example, I use capitalised words to indicate the stresses (it is an experimental transcription of poetry); I would like to use smallcaps or bold instead. Is it possible? I tried the latex commands, but they do not work in the lilypond environment.
Alternatively; I'd be happy with setting the global font to smallcaps.
2) eliminating the staff, or making it invisible.
I was previously advised to use the \override parameter, but I don't know where (and how) to place it in this short musical fragment.
The manual did not help.
Thanks in advance,
Davide