Re: Scheme Problem

From: ian_hulin
Subject: Re: Scheme Problem
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 06:25:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi Brett,
Just a thought - the normal syntax for \repeat is

\repeat unfold 9 { <music statements> }

in your declaration you've put the keyword in quotes.  Does it help if you
remove them? E.g.

compFor = #(define-music-function (parser location beats) (number?)
        #{
            \override Rest #'stencil =
#ly:percent-repeat-item-interface::beat-slash
            \override Rest #'thickness = #'0.48
            \override Rest #'slope = #'1.7

            \repeat unfold $beats { r4 }

            \revert Rest #'stencil
        #})
I don't know any of the Lilypond or Scheme internals but there's a chance
that this could be confusing a parser or lexical analyzer somewhere along
the line.  Software diagnostic messages are sometimes just an opener for
negotiation...

Cheers,
Ian