Re: setting default number of measures per line

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: setting default number of measures per line
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:44:18 +0100

> I thought that I could change the SpacingSpanner base-shortest-duration
> to change how many measures there are per line. What I found was that
> nothing happens when I change the value of base-shortest-duration. Here
> is the controlling file is below. What is wrong?

I have had better luck with common-shortest-duration:

\score {
    %\header { piece = \Apiece }
  \keepWithTag #'NEW
    \new ChoirStaff <<
        \defScore
        \override Score.BarNumber  #'padding = #1
        \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'common-shortest-duration =
#(ly:make-moment 1 2)

        \context Lyrics = ls { s1 }
        \context Staff = ss <<
          \context Voice  = vs { \voiceOne \gs \transpose c c \Asm \defEnd }
          \\

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data               address@hidden
Lilla Aspö 2340                                                Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar          +46  173 140 57                   Computers
Sweden                     +46  70 511 97 84                 Consulting