Re: Frustrated with Chant Notation -- Convert-ly or Lily4jEdit plugin bu

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: Frustrated with Chant Notation -- Convert-ly or Lily4jEdit plugin bug?
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:10:44 -0500

I finally figured out that the only way to represent chant lyrics is to
associate the first syllable and last syllable with their own notes then
quote the text in between so it centers under the breve. This is the only
way to force all of the lyrics to center under its own measure.

Actually, it isn't, at least if I understand correctly what you want.

I use this to left-align a note under its syllable:

   \once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #-1  "today he is
born, the Savior"

I think you can change that #-1 to #0 to force center-alignment.

Geoff