Re: Any way to turn off "warning: ignoring too many clashing note column

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Any way to turn off "warning: ignoring too many clashing note columns"?
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 20:44:34 +0100

On Saturday 18 November 2006 23:12, Trevor Bača wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So my question is: is there any way to turn off the clashing note
> column warnings? I think this is the one place where one of Lily's
> warnings truly is completely harmless and I feel safe turning it off.
> More importantly, I really need to see any *other* warnings that Lily
> generates, which is quite hard given the original sourcefile (which
> runs many thousands of lines).

It would not be difficult to add a feature to disable warnings for specific
input spots, so you could write something like:

<<
\new Voice { \noWarning e8 }
\new Voice { \noWarning c8 }

to suppress warnings only for the notes you have made strange tweaks to (I
don't have much time now, but you could ask Han-Wen if he likes the idea, and
if it's sponsorable).

--
Erik