[Mischa Falkenburg] STUMPED...

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: [Mischa Falkenburg] STUMPED...
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:08:43 +0100

Can someone please help this guy?

--- Begin Message --- Subject: STUMPED... Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:43:32 -0500 User-agent: Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (Windows/20061207)
Hello,

   I've only recently found-out about LilyPond...and I'm enjoying it
immensely!
There are many pieces of music that I've composed over the years, and
NOW finally, a way to help make it easier for others to read!

   To the "stumped" part...

In one of the pieces, written while working on the ocean for 2 years,
there are a series of repeating measures (mimicking the movement of the
water surface), in fact, the 1st measure of the piece repeats for a
total of 24 times before the next change happens.
It is scored for piano. When I checked the LP documentation, I found
what I thought I could use...namely:

\new Voice {
\set countPercentRepeats = ##t
   \repeat "percent" etc.(inserting the # of repeats here) {the notation}
}

What ended-up happening was adding a blank piano staff, shifting the
original down, and then following with the measure repeats...2%/3%/4%/,
etc. to 24.
Obviously, if I even used the correct commands, I inserted it in a "bad"
spot. Here is the original file:

\version "2.10.0"
upper = \relative {
    \time 7/8
    \key g \major
    \clef treble

    g'16[g] r8 g16[g] r8 g8[a g]
}

lower = \relative {
    \clef bass
    \time 7/8
    \key g \major

   r8 b,16[b] r8 b8[c b] b16[b]
}

\score {
   \new PianoStaff <<
      \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = "Piano "
   \new Staff = "upper" \upper
   \new Staff = "lower" \lower

\layout { }
\midi { }
}

...could you show me WHERE to insert the command, or even, let me know
what the correct command would be?

Thanks for your time. If you need to "farm this out" to someone else
involved with Documentation, then please do so. I've been trying one
combination after another with zero success.

Thanks-in-advance for your help,
Mischa Falkenburg

--- End Message ---