Re: Hiding empty staves

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Hiding empty staves
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 21:00:21 +0200

On 12/24/06, Manuel <address@hidden> wrote:
Here it is again. I ran it through a spell check in TexEdit and found
even more mistakes, now corrected. All of them?

<snip>

You can analyze the exercise and see that a third has been preferred
to a sixth, a quarter to a fifth, etc. Now in this mode, when you add

At least in my experience, the interval from, for example, G to the C above is always referred to as a "fourth," not a "quarter."

an apostrophe, it makes the note appear one octave higher as it would
have appeared without the apostrophe. Two apostrophes make for two
octaves, and so forth.

Other than that, I think that this is a very good introduction. My only complaint is that I'm not sure it's useful to have all three of
 - a "very beginner" tutorial
 - a "normal" tutorial
 - a user manual

Could this "very beginner" tutorial just replace the beginning of the current tutorial?