Re: date insertion

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: date insertion
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 07:29:07 -0800 (PST)

Matevž Jekovec-2 wrote:

> Is there a predefined constant in Lily which shows the current date
> and/or system time.
>
> This would be useful for the footer tag for example, when was the
> document generated - this would mark the version of the score then, if
> you made any newer versions of your document afterwards.
>

> Regards.
> - Matevž

Or... if you wanted to print the last time you modified your score you can
use this:

varFileName = #"Music.ly"
varModifiedTime = #(stat:mtime ( stat varFileName ))
varModifiedTimeString = #(strftime "%a %Y-%m-%d %I-%p" (localtime
varModifiedTime))

Then just reference \varModifiedTimeString in your footer markup.