Re: Lilypond API

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Lilypond API
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 06:54:51 -0800 (PST)

Luc wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using Notepad++ (on Windows XP home) to write LilypPond scores.
> Besides many other comforts, this editor allows to add own languages as
> plugins for highlighting and colouring different kinds of keywords
> (actually there are 4 types that can be defined) and automatic word
> completion.
>
> You can also run an external program from the editor either using a popup
> menu or a key assigned to a program (I have assigned ctrl+f9 to produce
> the LilyPond PDF score, ctrl+f10 to view this with the acrobat reader,
> ctrl+f11 to view the log or ctrl+f12 to run convert-ly on the file being
> edited to update to the actual version of LilyPond).
>
> Now with every update of LilyPond the keywords must be updated, too.
>
> My question now: Where can I find a collection of LilyPond keywords,
> options and similar - preferably they would be structured in different
> categories? - I am sure there must be a repository somewhere that could be
> accessible to everyone. Certainly it would be a great help maybe also for
> other editors!
>
> TIA
> Luc

Luc,

When I did this for Context I scanned the manual and all the regression test
cases, it took me a while to do it.  I'm using Context, but I'd be
interested in trying Notepad++ also as a backup.  Can you maybe upload the
configuration files for Notepad/lilypond at some point for others to use?

Rick