Re: Wikis [was: Re: Tutorial]

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Wikis [was: Re: Tutorial]
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 20:44:12 +0100

2006/12/7, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

There is a search function, at the bottom of www.lilypond.org, even
though one of the problems with it is that it often lists links to old
versions of the manual first.

Hmmm... I have indeed _never_ noticed it, and thank you very very much
for having pointed it. The fact is, I have bookmarked the page
http://lilypond.org/web/documentation and
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/index.html
but never, never the home page ; moreover, if I ever came on
lilypond.org home page, I've been used to immediately click on the
"Documentation" link on top. Therefore I did not notice it at all.

Maybe it would be wise (for dummies like me, if there are any others,
who knows) to add a similar search function on
http://lilypond.org/web/documentation and maybe, one "per-version" (no
silly joke) search on http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/ and
so on.

I also hope you have found the index of the manual (it seems that many
people miss it (partly since it's called "LilyPond index" for
silly technical reasons).

Well I guess I was part of those people until now... My bad.
Are you talking about
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Indexes.html#Indexes
? Here again, maybe adding a link on
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/ would be appropriate...