Re: brackets around noteheads

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: brackets around noteheads
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 15:42:13 +0100

sorry, I forgot to mention:

The following construct *doesn't* provide a solution as the
parnethesis is far too small and only parenthesizes the notehead.

\set fontSize = #-4
\once \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
<\parenthesize fih>4
\set fontSize = #1

The parenthesis should go around the accidental as well and should
(preferably) be square bracketed and should be larger. I would like to
define a macro to get that done so that I only have to write something
like

\bracket #'fih #4

in order to get the bracket drawn around the notehead and accidental
without having to deal with any extra-offsets or such.

--
Orm