Re: Alignment bug?

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: Alignment bug?
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:32:28 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes
Sorry to sound so negative, but even if you found a bug in version 2.6, nobody will care to fix it, since we have a new stable version
2.8.

That's fair enough, provided it *has* been spotted and fixed. I know Cygwin lags the latest, it's just that if that's the latest on Cygwin I would hope for a bit of help. I'll have to try the native Windows version. I'd much rather be bleeding edge on linux but that's easier said than done...

In my earlier answer and so far in this answer, I haven't looked too
carefully at your exact question, but just tried to explain the general
problems of using older versions. However, I happened to have an installation of version 2.6 available and when I tried your example, I noticed that LilyPond writes out a warning:

type check for `self-alignment-X' failed; value `#<Music FingerEvent>' must be of type `number'

and I happen to recognize that you have indeed found an old bug, namely
that you couldn't use #left as an argument value. However, you can use
#LEFT instead.

Thanks very much. Confirmation it's an (old) bug, plus a work-around :-)

Cheers
Wol
as Lies-to-People.