Re: Macro pre-processing?

From: David Feuer
Subject: Re: Macro pre-processing?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 17:42:35 -0400

On 4/29/06, Geoff Horton <address@hidden> wrote:

I question that. I think it looks easy to you because you already know
how it all works and fits together. I do agree that adding some more
examples to the manual would help greatly.

Agreed.  LilyPond is a domain-specific language.  It is rather odd
that it is necessary to break out into a different language to do a
great many things.  It is even odder that LilyPond doesn't use
Scheme's macro and other capabilities to make even a sub-DSL.

David