Re: Helping with the documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Helping with the documentation
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:45:31 -0700

On 15-Apr-06, at 2:50 PM, Eduardo Vieira wrote:

Graham replied
If this is a serious concern, I could start making doc tarballs
available -- or even hosting temporary docs on my webpage.  I agree
that sometimes this has bothered me.

It would be nice if somewhere in the documentation page there would be
informations like this:
Latest revisions:
April 2, 2006 Section 2.6
April 1, 2006 Section 3.2

It might be somewhat nice, but I really can't see this being worth the trouble.

This way people that don't use broadband internet could check on updates and
wouldn't be downloading over 14Mb of docs every so often.

Well, once we get the docs looking good, we won't need to change them all that often. :)

Now, another remark about the documentation page: The PDF for "Regression
Tests" and "Tips and Tricks" have the same name: collated-files.pdf. It
would be good to have different names for each.

Hmm, good point. My long-term plan is to do something different with the regression files, though, so I'll leave them `as is' for now.

Cheers,
- Graham