Re: Lilypond on Mac OSX Terminal

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Lilypond on Mac OSX Terminal
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:10:16 -0800

On 28-Mar-06, at 20:26, Joel Gilmore wrote:

Hi all,

I've been trying out Lilypond on OSX Tiger, and I'm trying to get the command line working, particularly the midi2ly. Reading the list archive, people are saying to "read the Readme file" that came with it, but I've so far been unable to find a Readme file. It seems that the zip just contains a single Application. The midi2ly file is in there, if you explicitly go in to explore the package, but I can't work out how to use it - calling it with python requires the "midi"
module.

Can anyone give slightly more explit instructions on what to do from here?

Try the following:
See if you have a file called ".profile" in your home folder (i.e. in the folder with your name on it). Note that the file name starts with a dot. If there isn't a file with that name, create it.

In your .profile somewhere, add this line:

export PATH=$PATH:/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin

Make sure there's a blank line (i.e. a return) at the very end of the file

Hope that works.
David