chord_name_exceptions.ly question

From: Edward Ardzinski
Subject: chord_name_exceptions.ly question
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:36:09 +0000 (UTC)

I tried to post about this before...I don't knwo why my post never showed up.

I've looked at this file, and looked at a lot of posts about changing the way
chord names are displayed, and all I get is more confused.  Can somebody give
me some guidance on how to create my own list of chord name exceptions, and how
to implement it?

I've read that the chord name exceptions file "shows" how to do this.  I can't
make heads nor tails from it...sorry if I'm being stupid about it.  I'm sure
once I understand it I'll truly feel stupid, but right now I just can't get a
clue.

Specifically, I'd rather a 13th chord be "A13" instead of "A9/add 13", and I'd
like to have the half diminished chord show as "Am7/b5)...