Re: lyric spacing : "why not follow instructions in manual"

From: Father Panteleimon
Subject: Re: lyric spacing : "why not follow instructions in manual"
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:16:02 -0500

This solution is perfect.

\layout {
   \context {
     \Lyrics
     \override LyricSpace #'minimum-distance = #0.6

Thanks to all involved. I agree with Geoff that the default #.3 spacing is near invisible. Generally speaking, the "LyricSpace" solution makes far more sense than the one in the manual. If the default minimum lyric spacing doesn't get increased, then I would think that the "LyricSpace" solution should at all events be included in the next manual.

Geoff Horton's page for choral hymnody lilypond tricks is also very thoughtful and will be helpful to many.

Fr. P

----- Original Message ----- From: "Geoff Horton" <address@hidden>