Re: Staff.VoltaBracket

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Staff.VoltaBracket
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:01:06 +0100

The old \turnOff macro had nothing to do with what you are asking about. Rather, the built-in rule is that you get a right edge of the bracket if it ends at a bar line that is
either a repeat or a double bar line (with one of the lines
thicker, i.e. \bar "|." or ".|"). Otherwise, the bracket
will be open ended.

Please include a small example from your score if you need more help from the mailing list.

  /Mats

Quoting Stan Sanderson <address@hidden>:

I posted this message this morning but have not seen it, so I am  reposting.

Is is not yet possible to leave a volta bracket "open" (i.e., no descender on the right end)? The docs (Bugs) for 2.7.32 (PDF) report that

2.2->2.4:
\turnOff (used in \set Staff.VoltaBracket = \turnOff) is not properly converted.

Forgive me if I've missed it, but I couldn't find anything in regression tests or examples.

Thanks-

Stan