putting piano centered dynamics into score

From: liang seng
Subject: putting piano centered dynamics into score
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:19:07 +0000

Hi, I am using Lilypond 2.7.27 for Windows 98 and I have a problem putting a file which contains piano centered dynamics into a score. The contents of the file "piano.ly" are the same as the input file used to generate piano centered dynamics in the 2.7 documentation file. The file of the score is as below:
\version "2.7.27"
\include "piano.ly"
\score{
\new StaffGroup << \override Score.InstrumentName #'space-alist =
#'((left-edge extra-space . 4.0))

\new Staff { \set Staff.instrument = "Violin" R2 }
\new Staff { \set Staff.instrument = "Viola" R2}
\new PianoStaff << \set PianoStaff.instrument = "Piano"
\new Staff { \upper }
\new Staff { \lower } >>

\new Staff { \set Staff.instrument = "Bass" R2 }

}

The contents of \upper are:
\new Voice \relative c {
      \clef treble
      \key c \major
      \time 2/4
    \change Staff=lower
r8 g32 b d g a8\rest \stemUp g32 b \change Staff=upper d g   }

The contents of \lower are:
\new Voice \relative c  { \clef bass
\stemDown \times 2/3 { g,16 b d } c8\rest \times 2/3 { g'16 b d } r8
    }

The problem is highlighted in the pdf file. The piano staff appears twice while the piano staff which is in the correct position does not display the manual staff switches. What is wrong?