Re: Documentation tarball

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: Documentation tarball
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 02:15:01 -0200

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:53:45 +0100
Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

> Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
> > On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:54:42 +0100
> > Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

> >>Try downloading the -documentation RPM for fedora. It contains a
> >>copy of the web tarball.
> >

> > I'm not running a RPM based distro, how do I just extract the files
> > from an RPM package without installing anything?
>
> look for rpm2cpio

Thanks, that did the trick. But there is only a doc archive for 2.6.5,
I'm running the 2.7 series... Wouldn't it be a good idea to provide a
tarball of the docs of the current development version on the doc page?

Anyhow, I succeeded to `make web` on the 2.7.28 release today,
so now I have some fresh docs locally. Very nice. =)

/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-