Re: hiding staves removes complete system

From: Toine Schreurs
Subject: Re: hiding staves removes complete system
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:40:03 +0100 (MET)

Gilles wrote:
> > But if all of the staves in one system only contain rests, the whole system
> > disappears. It would be nice to leave at least one staff visible.
> >

> Maybe it is:
>
>   \set Score.skipBars = ##t

That would circumvent the problem of my example. The result
will be only one system, so nothing vanishes.
I tried to make the example as simple as possible to show the problem,
but in reality the various parts contain a lot more information
then rests only.
For example:

  \time 4/4 \tempo 4=60 R1*20 \tempo 4=80 R1*30 \time 3/4
  R2.*3 \time 5/4 R1*5/4*7 R1^\fermataMarkup .........

And all this information fills up more than one staff, but
no notes, no staff; no staves, no system

Actually, in my real score, I use \set Score.skipBars = ##t

Greetings
--
Toine Schreurs