Re: markup free positioning?

From: Felix Hammer
Subject: Re: markup free positioning?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:54:54 +0100

Hello Graham

thx for answer.

> Really?!  I don't think that we check for text collisions.  You can't
> get them to overlap, even using \markup { \translate x "foo" }  ?
> (see Overview of text markup commands)

No i cant :(

i tried this example today:
_________________________________
\version "2.6.4"
\book {
        \markup { "hardpoint1" }
        \score  {
                \new Staff {
                          \relative c' { c4 d e f | g a b c }
        \markup { \translate #'(24 . 5) "try to put very close to score" }
        \markup { "hardpoint2" }
}
_________________________________

with \translate #'(24 . 0 ... 5) i get the markup a little bit more closed to
the score.
if i try \translate #'(24 . 5 ... >5) i get no more closed to the score but
the markup "hardpoint2" go down on the page.

Two \markups work with \combine but how to overlay the score or to get more
closed to?

Is there for example an option like: spaceBetweenBookElements = 0 \mm.
Or is there a funktion like <div> which i can put \markups and \scores
everywhere on the site relative ot fixed. a sequence of \markups and \scores
depends on each other. what can i do to make them independent?

thx a lot
felix